- Create a map document
- Create a geodatabase and a feature class
- Digitize features (only a few to demonstrate competence)
- Georeference an image
- Define the projection of a layer
- Symbolize based on qualitative values (categories/unique values)
- Create and print a map with all required map elements
Create and print a map on 8.5'' x 11'' paper including all map elements we have discussed.
- Data sources: The data will be provided and/or downloaded from the internet.
- Spatial Reference information: All data WILL NOT be in the same coordinate system. You will have to determine projections and define projections using the software in order for the layers to properly overlay.
- Symbology: You will symbolize at least one layer using qualitative values found in the attribute table.
- Labels: You will label one layer based on the attribute value I specify.
Map Elements -