- Working with labels and annotation in ArcGIS 9.x - courtesy of John Sharrard - ESRI Northwest
- Setting Reference Scale in ArcMap
- REFRESH PAGE IF EITHER OF THE ABOVE DO NOT DISPLAY
- An Overview of working with text
- About labeling
- Dynamic labels in ArcMap.
- Labeling based on attribute values
- Working with label properties (font, size, color, spacing and more)
- The Labeling toolbar - where you start labeling in ArcMap
- The Label Manager - view and change labeling properties for all the labels in your map
- Label Classes - specify different labeling properties for features within the same layer
- Prioritizing and Positioning Labels
- Reference scale
- Conflict detection
- Showing unplaced labels
- complex labels using VB
ACTIVE LEARNING EXERCISE
- Complete Module 1 of the Virtual Campus course : Creating and Editing Labels and Annotation by next class.
MORE SUPPLEMENTAL RESOURCES
What's New in ArcGIS 9 Labeling and Annotation - 60 minute virtual campus 'live' training seminar
- Go to ESRI Training and Education
- Login > Create a new account
- Log in
- Use the Find Training Search to locate 'Labels and Annotation'
- Scroll down in the results and watch the What's New in ArcGIS 9 Labeling and Annotation training seminar.